Thursday, January 19, 2012

winner, winner chicken dinner

Working full time puts a damper on my culinary choices for meals due to thought, prep and cooking times. Some days I wish it were as easy as pushing a button like the Jetsons or I could wave a magic wand and dinner would be ready to eat.  2-3 days per week I don't get home till close to 6:00 pm and it's no fun to be trying to think of something everyone will love when you are starving!!!

I took out some boneless chicken breasts this morning.. with no inspiration in sight.  All day long I pondered, in between customers .. what the heck am I making for dinner?  Normally I have a plan the night before, but today I didn't.  I stayed up too late and my brain was to tired to think about dinner for tomorrow.

So tonight, it's something easy and brainless!  One of my go-to quick recipes that I enjoy quite a bit.  I can't take credit for this gem, but I can tell you it's a winner!!


FRENCH'S CRUNCY ONION CHICKEN

Ingredients:

2 cups (4 oz.)FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
2 tbsp.all-purpose flour
4 (5 oz.)boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten

Directions:

Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.
Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.


Before ....




                                                                         After ...

Look at all that crunchy, oniony goodness!!   To add a little variation to your table, you can easily switch out the egg dipping and use mayonnaise, honey mustard or your favorite bbq sauce!   If you are a buffalo LOVER like me .. you could always drizzle on some Franks Red Hot when it's on your plate!!!

Try it some night when you are strapped for ideas or time! Soooo good!!


2 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention that I cooked mine on parchment paper. The recipe doesn't call for it but, I am a big fan of parchment paper it makes for ALOT less clean up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this one before....and yes...it's delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete